Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The other reason

So I'd like to be able to post at least once a week and hopefully more once my little guy gets on more of a schedule but today I want to introduce the the other reason why I wanted to create jewelry: her name is Angela. She is a beautiful, amazing, strong woman that I met by chance and now we're friends for life! (got that Angela?)


We've had a scary year. Angela was diagnosed with breast cancer in August and it has been a test of courage and faith for her family but she went in with guns blazing and came out on top! You can read all about her on her blog: http://cancerfnsucks.blogspot.com/. If she doesn't inspire you to be thankful for every day and to approach every hurdle with a positive attitude, then you must have no soul. I kid, but really read it. She is fabulous!

So what else does one do immediately after being diagnosed with breast cancer, but form a Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure team, of course! And thats what Angela did. Although she is 500 miles away from me I can still help. I stamped out a necklace that represents what all cancer patients must never lose sight of: hope. When all else fails, there is always hope.



This necklace is available for $14 and all profits will be donated to Angela's team. The Susan G. Komen Twin Cities Race for the Cure is in May so we have just a few short months to start raising money!! I can't be there to hug her or cook her dinner or rub her adorable little head, but I can raise money for her team and help spread the message! Here is how you can order:




Here's to you Angela!


No comments:

Post a Comment